Thursday, June 27, 2013

Let Him Do What Seems Good



Throwback watercolor deco from last week: 1 Samuel 3:18
I had to write down Eli's reaction to Samuel's news from God: that his sons will be severely punished for their shameless sin. Eli's first words, from his heartbreak, "It is the Lord, let him do what seems good to him." Wow. God declares doom on your children, on your household, and your reaction is 'He knows what He is doing.' I constantly feel a similar call to surrender to God's way. I've got to trust what seems good to Him. I hope to have that as my initial reaction to difficult things in my life; to acknowledge God's doing in it, to accept it in submission to His authority, and to whole-heartedly believe it must be good. More than Eli, Jesus is a perfect example of this strength and trust.