Friday, November 15, 2013

New Product Friday: Placemats! "Taste and See"


I give you the last of the three textile offerings I'm launching at the end of this month, the fourth to go under the home decor section of my shop: the Taste and See Placemat! Invite your guests to taste and see that the Lord is good through your genuine hospitality... the placemat can be their tip-off. 

Combining textiles with my watercolor designs has been so. much. fun! One of my greatest joys is taking something good and pushing it to greatness (and if I can push a pun to nudge some more whimsey-filled grins, then I'm all over it). I've found that one of my highest ways of complimenting is by ascribing food-related words: feeling comfortable is yummy, a savored piece of scripture is delicious, and I threaten my son that I'm going to eat him or some cute part of him on the daily. 

I'm not that original. 
[Your words] are sweeter than honey, than honey from the honeycomb. Psalm 19:10

When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, LORD God Almighty. Jeremiah 15:6


...among so many other references.


Speaking of originals... the image above is obviously a digital mock-up of the 11"x14" placemats that are to come. Though I can't touch and feel the Taste and See Placemats, I got to take a quick shot of the fabric before sending it off to production. 



I know, I'm with you, I can't wait to see them. Hope these sneak peek's aren't torturing you as they are me! I'm looking forward to a celebration jig when these new goodies are all together in one spot. Of course, that'll be Thanksgiving week when I've got family in town so my jig may not be blogivized. 

I'll do my best to give you the best coverage.


PS- I realize that some of you may be terribly disappointed that these will be made available after Thanksgiving. If you'd like to talk seriously about rushing an order for that day, feel free to contact me.