Monday, February 10, 2014

My Funny Valentines


You know I had to watercolorize the tradition! We made valentines with secret messages. My son provided the message or animal he wanted his friends to see, I fleshed it out (simply) with white crayon on mat board. All our recipients need to do is to paint over them with watercolor to read what's on them!

Some riddles we used included....
In black: "You're simply..." 
In white: "LOVEly!"

In black: "I like you, not..." 
In white: "LION! + a drawing of a lion"

In black: "You're so un-..." 
In white: "forgettable! + a drawing of an elephant"

I wish I could show them to you, but all you'd see would be white boards with a little writing in the top. Add a tube of watercolor for a mysterious gift!

And if you go to CVS and buy you're valentines... rock on! No judging here.