Monday, February 17, 2014

What a Joy

Exciting times as I gather my work for several opportunities this week! It's astounding how two weeks ago I was feeling stuck in my tracks… still enjoying the ride, but not sensing any wind blowing in my sails, pushing me in a certain direction. 

And yet, now when faced with adrenaline-pumping moments, it's not the new blessing that makes me giddy--not exactly--my heart bubbles up with a heightened joy for what I already have. I look at my son, my husband, my cup of coffee, my friends, my mother, my fireplace (though not necessarily in that order!) in total awe. It's humbling. 

Have you experienced that? Say, maybe at Christmas when you get the gift you've wanted and you look around and finally notice the beautiful, warm faces around you? 

I've noticed how much I already have. And what is eternal, (for instance: people) are what I'm most grateful for; precious people who bring such deep joy to my heart.

A