Monday, March 17, 2014

Before You Were Born


The calling of Jeremiah the prophet. A verse that reveals God's purpose-filled, beautiful, pro-life, missions-focused, fatherly heart! 

Can you guess what Jeremiah's response was? It was a pretty typical one: you've got to be mistaken, LordWhat's more ironic is that he opens his refute with "Sovereign Lord." 

We know the right language, but do we believe it? Our hearts betray us and honestly speak from their overflow. 
… for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.Luke 6:45 ESV
My heart is not believing this today. The creative life and ministry have this in common: they often feel like a series of stabs in the dark, arrows full of hope. If I stop too often to count the arrows I've flung or if I run out to seek where they landed, I get discouraged. "Leave the results to God," they say, right? 

Well I'm choosing to say, "who better to leave the results to?"

God's got a plan for each of us. He seriously cares. No mistakes about it. 

A

Hit the "watercolordevo" tab for more posts like this, combining art and simple devotions.