Monday, June 16, 2014

Framing On the Cheap


I get requests for tips on how to frame pieces pretty often. I could simply say, "buy a ready-made, cut a mat to size." But that wouldn't be much fun, would it? Instead, here are my tips in a perfectly pin-able fashion. 

Update-- Let me clarify why Step #1 is important: I use to only take my measurements and a frame style in mind with me, but I've been bamboozled by an awesome combo I wouldn't have come up with on my own too many times. It's a huge asset to have the piece there in order to visualize. Also, proportion combo's are many and it gets tiring to do the measurement math with every candidate. So... just take it with you to the store! 
Keep painting {because you can always cut a mat to suit your whim}, 
A

PS- If you like measuring and numbers and stuff like that (that I don't like), a quick online search for standard frame sized may be the trick for you. Planning. Research. Who has time for that?!