Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Her Last Words

Her last words in her favorite colors: red, white, and blue.

Sometimes I paint flowers, sometimes I paint pineapples, and sometimes I paint things that are truly special. 

These are not my words painted above, but rather the last words spoken by a believing, strong mother passing away after a long battle with cancer at the young age of fifty-four. Her daughter was referred to me by the oncology floor's social worker, and I am so grateful. 

I'm grateful to witness a mother's legacy from afar. Her daughter could not seem to say enough about her mother's strength and faithfulness to her King. Here are just a few words: 
My mother has had quite the reputation here in the hospital-- the doctors and nurses have been blown away hearing about my mother's faith. We have scripture posted throughout her room, scripture that has been meaningful to her in her fight over the past 3.5 years. 
She has fought a good fight and kept the faith. We are so proud of her.  
And I'm grateful to memorialize her heart in these few words. Her concern was to comfort those around her and to praise her God. What an honor to be called into that story!

Days when I love my job. 

Keep painting what matters, 
A

For more posts like this, hit the "watercolordevo" label in the header.


Update: Prints are available in my shop