Friday, October 17, 2014

Barn Wedding Portrait


What could be more whimsical than a barn wedding? This bride had one thoughtful friend commission this wedding gift to commemorate her day!

Remember when I was painting barns around this time last year? I painted three, you can jump to view them here. And then I painted another painting of the same barn for that happy couple.


This time around, I had the added challenge of adding their portrait. For more details on how I approach portraits, check out this post from just a couple of weeks ago when I painted a mother and child portrait. 


It truly is portrait season! Time to plan out the ultimate, thoughtful gift for a special loved one. Contact me about getting your own personal piece at the not-too-big, not-too-small size of 11x14. It can be framed at that size or matted to suit a 14x18 readymade frame. (There's a post about my framing tips, too, here!)

Congratulations to the happy couple!
A