Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Church Sketches: Created (pt. 1)


As our church discovers the questions surrounding how and why we were created, creating and creativity have taken the spotlight lately. I'm enjoying being a part of the creative awareness and hopefully unleashing that's going on in our congregation. We've been at this church for almost two years, meeting people slowly. It feels good to be better involved. 

These church sketches are just a taste of the sermons, available here. I encourage you to watch them or just have a listen while you work. And just for paying attention, here is a video of my painting and speaking about my creative "renaissance" and how Watercolor Devo began. 

Watch the video here
I hate to break it to you, but my painting will not reveal the face of Jesus at the end or anything terribly dramatic. In case you missed the post last week, this is what I painted during the three services.

God's constantly unrolling new plans. Even in our sleep. 
It is vain for you to rise up early, To retire late, To eat the bread of painful labors; For He gives to His beloved even in his sleep.Psalm 127:2
What a lovely truth. I was reminded of it by an old employer speaking on the radio, Chuck Swindoll. I only listened to that two-minute snippet. God gave me just what I needed to hear. I've que'd up the entire message for tomorrow morning.

Boy, I've thrown you quite a bit of homework, haven't I? Take your pick.

Keep painting-
A